0
Van GaalDepay speaks

"I want to play, of course. It's up to the boss where he wants to put me.

"I'm excited about scoring goals and giving assists.

"I'm a striker."

Depay eyes title challenge

"We have a lot of quality.

"We have all the quality to win the title and all the trophies it's possible to win."

Van Gaal sings Depay's praises

"He's one of the few highly talented boys of his age.

"I know it is not easy (to adapt). Players like Rojo, Di Maria and Blind have had problems.

"We have to give him time."
Depay accepts he faces a challenge

"The crowd like players who get goals.

"I trained three times this week and it feels different to the Dutch league.

"It's like an advenure. I have to improve... work hard and show the boss I can handle it."


Memphis Depay
Depay on adapting to life in England

"The game moves fast. Everybody is quick and strong.

"My team-mates will help me settle but I have to do it myself.

"Everyone is very nice. So far it's been easy."

Van Gaal on Depay's position

"I have to see how we solve the problem.

"It's one of the reasons we bought Memphis. He played striker in the Dutch team and learns very quickly.

"He can play in different positions. We have to wait and see in which position he can give the most benefit to the team."
Van Gaal on transfer prospects

"When we feel we can say Van Persie is gone, you will hear from us.

"We have enough strikers but Man United shall not buy [for the sake of it]. I want to develop players. When you buy it has to be better than what you have.

"In the season, it will be shown whether our thinking is true."

On Darmian: "I've read it in the papers... but it is true.

He then confirms Darmian is heading to Manchester to seal a transfer.

Depay on comparisons with Cristiano Ronaldo

"He's one of the world's best, but I don't want to talk too much.

"I want to show my quality on the pitch."

Post a Comment

 
Top